The Overlap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Overlap

For fans of the British progressive rock band Mr. So & So.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Thoughts on Sugarstealer

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Davey
Mr. So & So
Mr. So & So
Davey

Male Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2009-03-01

Thoughts on Sugarstealer Empty
PostSubject: Thoughts on Sugarstealer   Thoughts on Sugarstealer I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 1:16 pm

Hopefully by now you will ahve got your hands on the lovely CD version of Sugarstealer. We'd love to know your thoughts on the album, good or bad. I'm still playing it in my car and I'm still not sick of it, that's heavy duty when you write and play on these things Smile)

Let us know bounce

Dave x
Back to top Go down
http://www.mrsoandso.com
HippyDave
Forum Blokey
Forum Blokey
HippyDave

Male Number of posts : 96

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Sugarstealer   Thoughts on Sugarstealer I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 26, 2009 2:40 am

Well, it's still ace, that's all I know! Wink

Seriously, Sugarstealer is definitely one of those albums that manages to be immediately accessible, but also puts down roots once you've heard it a few times and just keeps growing. It's like crack, only without the unpleasant side effects... Laughing

I did start writing a review for my music blog (http://hippytowers.livejournal.com), but haven't finished writing it yet - I must get that one finished. Once I do I'll post the link, rather than post it all here.

It's definitely one of ym albums of the year, anyway. And in a year where I'd be hard pressed to limit my favourites to a top 30 or 40, that's no faint praise. It's still Mr. So & So's crowning achievement to date for me, and I really hope it's doing good numbers for you, guys. It's no less than you deserve, and I for one can't wait to see what else you've got up your sleeves! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://hippydave.livejournal.com
Martinbravelad

Male Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2009-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Sugarstealer   Thoughts on Sugarstealer I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2009 8:24 am

I received my copy of 'Sugarstealer' today, and I think it's excellent. It's definitely among my top ten albums of the year, along with the current offerings by IQ, Magnum, Breathing Space, Panic Room, Porcupine Tree, Dream Theater, the Strawbs, the Wishing Tree and Knight Area. I noticed that part of the album was recorded at the Fuzzbox in Wigan, so how about a gig at the New Tavern?
Back to top Go down
Davey
Mr. So & So
Mr. So & So
Davey

Male Number of posts : 124

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Sugarstealer   Thoughts on Sugarstealer I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 3:17 pm

Hi Martin,

Sorry for the late reply. Yes a very large slice of Sugarstealer was indeed recorded at The Fuzzbox in Wigan. A gorgeous setting surrounded by trees and a lake, I had problems negotiating the Peacocks on the lawn while walking into the studio....actually, avoiding the empty cans of Coke on the car park within an industrial estate is probably closer to the truth.

I heard recently that the Tavern has closed down, which is really sad as I know that the lads at The Fuzzbox really tried hard to keep the venue alive.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mrsoandso.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Sugarstealer   Thoughts on Sugarstealer I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Thoughts on Sugarstealer
Page 1 of 1