The Overlap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Overlap

For fans of the British progressive rock band Mr. So & So.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Classic Rock progressive special

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Davey
Mr. So & So
Mr. So & So
Davey

Male Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2009-03-01

Classic Rock progressive special Empty
PostSubject: Classic Rock progressive special   Classic Rock progressive special I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 11:43 am

Later this month in the new issue of Classic Rock magazine they are doing a special on progressive rock and I have been interviewed by Nick Shilton a journalist for CR who also interviewed quite a few other people regarding the future of progressive rock. Should be worth reading.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mrsoandso.com
Paul B

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2009-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Classic Rock progressive special   Classic Rock progressive special I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 1:20 pm

Look forward to reading it. Makes a change to see the 'big boys' taking note of the 'new' breed of progressive rock!

Cheers

Paul B
Back to top Go down
Davey
Mr. So & So
Mr. So & So
Davey

PostSubject: Re: Classic Rock progressive special   Classic Rock progressive special I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 1:24 pm

It should be good, the writers at Classic Rock are all great guys and would love to give Progressive Rock a push. Nick Shilton, Dave Ling etc. all good guys.
Back to top Go down
HippyDave
Forum Blokey
Forum Blokey
HippyDave

Male Number of posts : 96

PostSubject: Re: Classic Rock progressive special   Classic Rock progressive special I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 7:05 am

Paul B wrote:
Look forward to reading it. Makes a change to see the 'big boys' taking note of the 'new' breed of progressive rock!

Amen, Paul. Whilst previous prog-related publications - like the prog special Classic Rock Magazine put out a while back - are always a niec surprise, all too often they're obsessed with the 'big names' from the 70s. OK, there's a reason why those bands are so revered (and you won't find a bigger Floyd/Genesis/Rush nut than me!), but this emphasis - whether conscious or unconscious on the part of the writers/editors - just reinforces the received knowledge that prog is a 'dead' genre, and that nothing much new and interesting has happened since the Queen's silver jubilee.

What would be good is if the "new breed" (or even the "old new breed", like IQ, Marillion, Fish, etc) got a bit more press. Maybe that way, more people would get interested in them and they wouldn't have to engage in the ongoing battle to attract a larger audience, enabling them to sell more records and tour a bit more regularly/extensively. This can only be a good thing, and if Jerry E and those involved in putting this magazine together are of this mindset, then I for one am going to be well pleased... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://hippydave.livejournal.com
Davey
Mr. So & So
Mr. So & So
Davey

PostSubject: Re: Classic Rock progressive special   Classic Rock progressive special I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 1:34 am

In case anyone on here got the magazine, I was in it.....until I was kindly edited out lol. Still the magazine was great, though a little steep at £7.99. I'm interested to see if they produce a second issue.
Back to top Go down
Boatman

Boatman

Male Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2009-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Classic Rock progressive special   Classic Rock progressive special I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 3:03 am

I bought the mag and that confirms why I couldn't find the Mr So & So piece, we'll have to write to the rascals, after all, it is supposed to be about new bands that 'overlap' the vast progessive rock genre!
Back to top Go down
Boatman

Boatman

Male Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2009-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Classic Rock progressive special   Classic Rock progressive special I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 1:22 pm

Davey wrote:
In case anyone on here got the magazine, I was in it.....until I was kindly edited out lol. Still the magazine was great, though a little steep at £7.99. I'm interested to see if they produce a second issue.

Jerry Ewing has material for at least two more issues already, the next one is out on 20th May I believe.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Classic Rock progressive special   Classic Rock progressive special I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Classic Rock progressive special
Page 1 of 1